We will contribute to solving social issues through our business activities and aim for sustainable growth together with society.
Based on our company mission of “we will contribute to our society and global health by research, development and commercialization of innovative medicines for patients suffering from incurable diseases,” we have been contributing to the industry and society through research and development of pharmaceuticals, our core business.
Recently, the sustainability of society as a whole has been threatened by such social issues as population growth, resource depletion, environmental destruction, poverty disparity, human rights issues, and climate change, and the environment surrounding companies has changed dramatically, making sustainability management an extremely important issue. We hope to contribute to solving social issues through our business by bringing together the strengths and technologies we have developed over the years. In recent years, with sustainability management in mind, we have been focusing on strengthening activities for environmental issues and social contribution, and corporate governance.
We will continue to engage in dialogue with all of our stakeholders, and we ask for your understanding and support as we pursue sustainability activities to realize a sustainable society.
- We recognize that climate change is a critical issue of global significance, and we will continuously reduce greenhouse gas emissions from all of our business activities.
- We will strive to reduce the environmental impact of all our business activities.
- We will comply with all relevant environmental laws, regulations, and other requirements, and strive to prevent environmental pollution.
- We will conduct environmental education and awareness activities to ensure that all employees and all people working for our company understand and are informed of our environmental policy.
We have established a compliance program as a basic guideline for our corporate behavior, one of which is respect for human rights. We support international norms on human rights, including the Universal Declaration of Human Rights adopted by the United Nations in 1948 and the Global Compact principles on human rights and labor by the United Nations. We clearly state that “we respect the human rights of its employees and will not engage in unfair discrimination or harassment based on nationality, race, ethnicity, creed, religion, gender, age, disability, disease, social status, or other factors.”
In line with these human rights principles, we support and respect international human rights norms, including respect for freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining, the prevention of child and forced labor, and the prohibition of discrimination in employment and occupation, and we focus on promoting human rights education and preventing child and forced labor.
We view human resources as the foundation for sustainable growth. To this end, it is important to recognize the values and individuality of each of the human resources who support our business, regardless of nationality, race, gender, or age, and to respect diversity. We promote the development of an environment in which each employee can work to the fullest extent of his or her abilities and aptitudes, and the creation of an organizational climate in which diverse human resources can play an active role.
Prohibition of unjust discrimination and harassment
We have established a compliance program as a basic guideline for our corporate behavior, one of which is respect for human rights. We clearly state that “we respect the personality and individuality of our employees and strive to realize a free and fair workplace,” and that “we do not engage in unfair discrimination or harassment based on nationality, race, ethnicity, creed, religion, gender, age, disability, disease, social status, or other factors.”
Kringle Pharma has established a Corporate Ethics Consultation Desk to provide consultation on internal rules and personnel evaluations, as well as sexual harassment and power harassment. We strive to create an environment in which employees can easily seek advice, while giving due consideration to their privacy.
Establishment of a fair and equitable personnel system
In order to maximize the potential of each employee, it is necessary to evaluate each employee fairly according to his or her role and achievements, and to treat, develop, and utilize each employee appropriately in accordance with such evaluation. We strive to ensure transparency and fairness in evaluations by having employees confirm their own achievements and challenges with their supervisors through interviews.
Ensuring a safe and comfortable work environment
We are working to create a more rewarding and comfortable workplace by reforming work styles, supporting systems for achieving a work-life balance, and enhancing benefit packages so that our employees can work with vigor and enthusiasm.
In order to continue to be supported as a valuable company by all stakeholders, including shareholders, employees, society, customers such as hospitals, patients, and partner companies, we believe that we must strive to maximize corporate and shareholder value, as well as accelerate decision-making and increase transparency and fairness in management. To this end, we focus on the development of internal control systems and recognize the enhancement and improvement of corporate governance as an important management issue, including compliance with laws and regulations and the Articles of Incorporation, strengthening risk management, and ensuring timely and fair information disclosure.
Research and development of pharmaceuticals
- In conducting research and development of pharmaceutical products, we shall comply with the Act on Securing Quality, Efficacy and Safety of Products Including Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices and related laws and regulations.
- We shall give consideration to environmental preservation and comply with ethics and laws related to testing and research.
- We shall comply with the laws and regulations concerning experimental animals, the rules of the Committee for Ethics of Animal Experimentation, the ethical guidelines for animal experiments, and other internal regulations when using experimental animals for testing and research.
- We shall comply with GCP (good clinical practice), GMP (good manufacturing practice) for investigational drugs, and other related laws and regulations in conducting clinical trials.
- We shall not commit any fraudulent acts such as data falsification or concealment with respect to the efficacy and safety of the investigational drug in conducting the clinical trial. In addition, information on clinical trials and costs incurred in clinical trials will be disclosed in an appropriate manner to improve transparency.
- We shall respect the human rights of subjects to the maximum extent possible in conducting clinical trials.
Manufacture and sale of pharmaceutical products
- We shall comply with the Act on Securing Quality, Efficacy and Safety of Products Including Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices and related laws and regulations in the manufacture and sale of pharmaceutical products.
- We shall comply with GQP (good quality practice), GVP (good vigilance practice), GPSP (good post-marketing study practice) and other related laws and regulations in the manufacture and sale of pharmaceutical products.
- We shall deliver manufactured and marketed pharmaceutical products to the market under appropriate quality control and post-marketing safety management of pharmaceutical products.
- We shall strive to use pharmaceuticals properly.
- We recognize that the results of our research, development, and other operations are important property (intellectual property), and we shall protect confidentiality.
We shall properly record and manage the results, and shall not disclose them without following the prescribed procedures or in an unauthorized manner.
We will not use our results for our own benefit or for the benefit of any third party, whether during our employment or after retirement.
- We respect the intellectual property rights of other companies and do not infringe on their intellectual property.
We shall not obtain the results or confidential information of other companies in an improper manner, nor shall we use such results or information, even if legitimately obtained, for our own research, development, or other business operations without the consent of the rights holder.
Relationships with government, customers, suppliers, etc.
- We shall not provide or receive any entertainment or benefits that deviate from socially accepted norms in the course of our information gathering activities, sales activities, or other business activities.
- We will maintain sound and fair relationships with political and administrative bodies (including public facilities and research institutions), and will not engage in any conduct that might raise suspicions of collusion.